Keratin Market Size to Reach USD 2,399 Million by 2030
Keratin Market Size in 2021 was USD 1,389 Million, Market Value set to reach USD 2,399 Million by year 2030 at 6.5% CAGR
Keratin Market Overview
Keratin is a protein found in human and animal hair, skin, and nails. It provides strength and elasticity to the skin, protects the nail bed and supports the nail plate, and gives structure and strength to hair. Keratin is produced by cells called keratinocytes in the basal layer of the epidermis and forms a protective barrier against external factors like bacteria and UV radiation in the stratum corneum. Hair care products like keratin treatments contain ingredients that can repair hair by adding keratin to the hair shaft.
The global keratin market size is expected to witness significant growth in the coming years, owing to the increasing demand for keratin-based hair care and beauty products.
The increasing trend of personal grooming and the growing awareness of the importance of hair care among consumers are driving the demand for keratin-based products. Moreover, the growing demand for natural and organic products has led to the development of keratin-based products that do not contain harsh chemicals, further driving market growth.
high cost of keratin-based products and the availability of cheaper alternatives are expected to hinder the growth of the market.
Key players operating in the global keratin market include Henkel AG & Co. KGaA, Kao Corporation, L'Oreal S.A., P&G Professional, and Unilever.
Keratin Market Research Report Highlights and Statistics
- The global keratin market size was valued at USD 1,389 million in 2021 and is expected to reach USD 2,399 million by 2030, growing at a CAGR of 6.5% during the forecast period.
- The Asia-Pacific region has the largest and fastest growing keratin market share, accounting for more than 40% of global demand, with CAGR 7.1%
- The personal care and cosmetics segment is the largest end-user industry for keratin, accounting for more than 40% of global demand.
- The increasing demand for natural and organic hair care products is driving the growth of the keratin market share, as keratin is a natural protein.
- The growing trend of personal grooming and the increasing use of keratin-based products in salons and spas is also driving the market.
Request for a sample of this premium research report@ https://www.acumenresearchandconsulting.com/request-sample/3085
Keratin market trends
- There has been a trend towards natural and organic products, and many consumers are looking for keratin products that are made with natural ingredients.
- Growing demand for products that offer multiple benefits, such as keratin shampoos that not only strengthen the hair but also add volume and shine
- Another trend in the keratin market is the development of products that are specifically formulated for different hair types, such as keratin products for curly or color-treated hair.
Keratin Market Dynamics
- Increased awareness of the benefits of keratin treatments: Keratin treatments are popular because they can help to smooth and straighten hair, making it easier to style and manage. As more people become aware of the benefits of these treatments, demand for keratin products may increase.
- Growth in the hair care industry: The hair care industry is a large and growing market, and keratin treatments are a popular choice among consumers. As the overall market for hair care products grows, demand for keratin products may also increase.
- Innovation in keratin products: As new keratin products are developed and introduced to the market, they may attract new customers and drive growth in the market.
- Increased focus on personal appearance: In some cultures, there is a growing focus on personal appearance and looking good, which may drive demand for keratin treatments and other beauty products.
- Changes in fashion trends: As fashion trends change, people may be more inclined to use keratin treatments to achieve certain looks, which could also contribute to the growth of the market.
- Efforts by keratin manufacturers to improve production and distribution methods, along with increased marketing and promotion by keratin product manufacturers into newer regions and countries. Rising disposable income and increased willingness to spend on beauty products is also a contributing factor.
Growth Hampering Factors
- Changes in consumer preferences towards alternative hair care techniques as well as competition from other hair care and styling products.
- Economic downturns leading to reduced spending on luxury products, along with trade disputes affecting imports or exports and limited access to raw materials or ingredients for keratin production.
- Media attention towards animal cruelty and environmental sustainability, along with stringent regulations for keratin products, could increase production costs and impact market growth.
- Decreased effectiveness of keratin products over time and increased competition from smaller, niche brands offering alternative hair care solutions.
- Type: The market can be segmented into natural keratin, synthetic keratin, and animal-derived keratin, depending on the keratin source.
- Application: The market can be segmented into hair care and styling products, hair straightening treatments, and other applications such as skincare, makeup, and nails.
- Distribution channel: The market can be segmented into online and offline channels, such as beauty salons, spas, and retail stores.
- Geography: The market can be segmented into different regions or countries based on the demand and distribution of keratin products.
- Demographics: The market can be segmented based on the age, gender, income, and lifestyle of the target customers.
- Brand: The market can be segmented based on the popularity and reputation of different keratin product brands.
Keratin Market Regional Overview
- The Asia Pacific region is expected to dominate the global keratin market share during the forecast period, due to the high demand for hair care and styling products and growing popularity of keratin treatments and other hair straightening procedures in countries such as China, India, Japan, and South Korea.
- North America is estimated to have a notable market share, due to the high adoption of advanced hair care and styling products, as well as the presence of major keratin product manufacturers in the region. The USA and Canada are some of the highest income earning countries.
- Europe is also expected to have a significant share of the global keratin market share, due to the strong demand for hair care and styling products. Europe has strict laws on environment protection which is why there is an uptrend towards natural and organic ingredients in beauty products.
Keratin Market Key Players
- Amka Products, Inc.
- Keraplast Technologies
- Marc Daniels Beauty
- Mibelle Group
- Nisim International
- P&G (Wella, Pantene, Head & Shoulders)
- TIGI (Bed Head, Catwalk)
- Truss Professional
- Unilever (Dove, Garnier, Tresemmé)
- Kao Corporation
- John Paul Mitchell Systems
Click here to buy the Premium Market Research report https://www.acumenresearchandconsulting.com/buy-now/0/3085
Receive our personalized services and customization by clicking here https://www.acumenresearchandconsulting.com/request-customization/3085
Mr. Frank Wilson
Acumen Research and Consulting